Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Chloe Marshall - Plus-Sized Model Is Finalist For Miss England Contest

From Telegraph.co.uk -- Now this is a first, and it's a long time coming. Chloe Marshall is a 16-year old plus-sized model who won the Miss Surrey contest in England, and is now heading to the Miss England contest in July. Her story is very encouraging for BBW women everywhere.

Here's a quote from Chloe, "I wanted to go through to the Miss England finals to break through the stereotype that you have to be tall and skinny.

"I wanted to make a bit of a statement. When I studied the other entrants for the Miss Surrey competition I concluded that pretty as the contestants were, they were equally all uniformly blonde and Barbie doll like.

"I want to show girls out there that it is possible to be beautiful and not a standard sized zero."

Well Chloe, you did it! Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck in the Miss England contest.

To read more about Chloe's improbable win at the Miss Surrey contest, please visit this page on Telegraph.co.uk.

Click here to sign up to be notified via email when a new post has been added to the site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clap! clap! for Chloe Marshall. I love big women who are proud of themselves. They are very attractive.